[NEW UPDATE] Orite, today i had little free time, & i excited to UNLOCK MY X8 BOOTLOADER
Before unlocking, check your production code : [at the back of your battery]
below 11w26 : safe
between 11w27 - 11w37 : please caution
above 11w38 : dont do this process, will cause hard brick to your phone
*From the new info, the devs at XDA will make a new tool to unlock this new phone production. so please be patient =D
Objective : to unlock x8 bootloader
Application needed :
2. msm7227 Tool
Device needed :
2. Sony Ericsson PC Companion installed. If dont, Download SEPCC 2.01.017
3. Flashtool installed. If dont, Download Flashtool 0.2.9.1
4. Gordon's Gate installed. Install ggsetup-220.127.116.11 from the Flashtool/drivers. Then extract the X8_ADB_drivers
5. Rooted phone.
*Need to be clear that this process is HIGHLY DANGEROUS*
*Do it at your own RISK*
Recommended : Disable your antivirus (it might find a "virus" in ADB.exe even though there isn't one and might even interfere in bootloader unlocking process) Use stock rom (I managed to unlock bootloader on GingerDX v019. =D
1. Unzip s1Tool and run s1tool.exe . Then clcik DO JOB.
2. Boot your phone into flash mode. *All users, press and hold back button while connecting cable from PC to phone. Continue holding back button until you get some output. The LED on your phone should flash green if it is in flash mode.
3. If you have SEMC SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE. Then you can UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. =D
If dont, i sorry, for you cant UNLOCK BOOTLOADER.
4. Disconnect your phone from PC turn ON, then RECONNECT to PC. Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Also, make sure SEPCCompanion detect your device.
*make sure you kill any ADB.exe process you find in Task Manager.
1. Unzip msm7227 Tool and run msm7227_semc.cmd
2. Press any on PC to start UNLOCKING process.
3. Wait several minute(s).
4. You will get this
5. Exit the process. Disconnect phone from PC.
6. Congartz!! BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCK. =D
To check if BOOTLOADER is succesfully UNLOCK, use s1tool again as mentioned above.
If the line RUNNING S1_EROM FROM VER "#8A02$" has a lowercase "r" letter replacing the "#" (RUNNING S1_EROM FROM VER "r8A02$"), your bootloader has been unlocked . If it has an uppercase "R" replacing the "#" (RUNNING S1_EROM FROM VER "R8A02$"), your bootloader is NOT unlocked .
Benefits of unlocked bootloader: Custom kernels, recovery in kernel (no more accidents involving formating /system and having to reflash stock because recovery is gone), GPU overclock(improve gaming), swap support, modules loaded in kernel, conversion of /system etc to ext4 resulting in faster phone, USB host support, full support for custom roms.....
The possibilities are endless .
THANKS TO ALL XDA DEVELOPERS THANKS A LOT
Click the web below for more info.